Sunday, April 24, 2011

Monster Birthday

I am so excited and sad at the same time, my baby is one year old.  The past year has been crazy, four kids sure do keep me busy.  I admire those of you that have more kids and are doing a great job, like two of my older sibling's, (one has 8 kids and the other 9).  We have decided that Cash, will be our last baby, assuming the decision is ours.

After seeing One Charming Party's monster party post I thought it would be fun to make a monster birthday cake.  We just had a family party so I didn't take advantage of all the other ideas from the monster party posts.  It was also to night before the birthday.  I picked two of the monsters from this coloring page.

I did one cake just for Cash and one for everyone else.  I think they turned out pretty well.  I was learning as I went.  I used Wilton's web site to learn how to make the fur or grass as they called.  I haven't used fondant very much, but each time I do, I get more comfortable.

 I had left over cake batter, so I made cupcakes for fun.  My kids loved the cupcakes more than the big cake.
 Cash really enjoyed the cake.
  It is always fun to watch a child on their first birthday eat cake.


Cash was green from head to toe by the time he was done.  We did have to do a quick rise in the tub to get all the frosting off, then drain the tub and refill for the real bath.  Cash loves the water so it was great for him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment